Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Howmuch Time Off With Kidney Infection




I can not publish this I found navigating through cyberspace. I find it very interesting in terms of many religious bias in their efforts to go to scripture to justify what they see fit.

Laura Schlessinger is a radio host known in the United States has a program that gives advice directly to listeners who call. He once jumped over the controversial (and more when mixing of religion and homosexuality, where each person interprets what God and the Bible says differently) when the presenter attacked homosexuals. The broadcaster has said recently that homosexuality is an abomination, and that tells you the Bible in Leviticus, verse 18:22, and therefore can not be allowed under any circumstances.

transcribed What follows is an open letter to Dr. Laura written by a resident in the United States, which has been made publicly available on the internet (no waste):

"Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people in the law of God. I have learned a lot from his radio show and try to share my knowledge with all people that I can. For example, when someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, I simply remind them that Leviticus, in verses 18:22 clearly states that homosexuality is an abomination. Endpoint.

Anyway, I need some advice from you regarding some other specific biblical laws and how to follow them

a. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In the times we live in, what Price thinks it would be best? B.

Leviticus 25:44 states that I can own slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify this point? Why I can not own Canadians?. C.

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 18:19). The problem I faced is: how I can know if they are or not? I have tried asking, but most women take offense. D.

I have a neighbor who insists on work on Saturday. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should receive the death penalty. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself? Can you clarify this issue you somehow? E.

In Leviticus 21:20 states that one can not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. Do I have to admit that I wear reading glasses? Does my vision have to be 100%? Can relax a bit this condition?

f. Most of my friends (men) wear their hair trimmed, including the area of \u200b\u200bthe temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

g. I know thanks to Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean. Even so, I can still play football if I wear gloves?

h. My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 says, planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton / polyester blend). He, also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary to conduct the cumbersome process of gathering all the villagers to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16). Could not we just burn them to death at a family reunion private, as is done with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev 20:14).

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thanks again for reminding us that the word of God is eternal and unchanging. "
Source: Atheist Forum
Photo: Still Life with Bible, Vincent Van Gogh

0 comments:

Post a Comment